تالار گفتگوی کیش تک/ kishtech forum

نسخه‌ی کامل: Womens Earl Thomas III Jersey
شما درحال مشاهده‌ی نسخه‌ی متنی این صفحه می‌باشید. مشاهده‌ی نسخه‌ی کامل با قالب‌بندی مناسب.
We’ve said it before (recently) and we’re saying it again (today): The Seattle Seahawks offensive line can pass block. And after years of passing up big name free agent tackles Authentic J.R. Sweezy Jersey , many of whom you’ll see listed as being poor in pass blocking in 2018, the Seahawks may have done absolutely the right thing to ignore criticisms of their young right tackle and stick with him for as long as they could.Because according to ESPN’s Seth Walder, Brian Burke, and the Pass Block Win Rate metric, Germain Ifedi is right on the edge of being in the top-third for right tackles in pass blocking, while the combination of him and Duane Brown is the fifth-best pass blocking tackle tandem in the NFL ... my fingers hurt from typing that sentence.Most of the story is behind ESPN’s Insider paywall, so let me get across the information that I can. Beginning with the not-behind-paywall breakdown of PBWR:Seeing “2.5 seconds” probably gets you asking questions like, “What if Russell Wilson chooses to scramble?” and so on, that could skew the numbers for or against the Seahawks and other teams. Well, for one, let’s always assume that guys like Burke have thought of this. Even if a metric doesn’t catch this, let’s at least give them the benefit of the doubt that they too see the obvious. Here’s what Burke says:After Week 4, Brown ranked 9th in the NFL among tackles for PBWR at 87%. Two games later, he’s still at 87%, and only two left tackles in the entire league are ranked higher: Andrew Whitworth (93%) and David Bakhtiari (92%). Laremy Tunsil of the Miami Dolphins is also at 87%, an impressive feat for the 24-year-old who was once considered a potential number one overall pick before he Bane’d himself. (“No one cared who I was until I put on the mask.”)There were many who wanted Seattle to address the left tackle situation immediately when Russell Okung left via free agency in 2016. Okung now plays for the LA Chargers and his PBWR is the same as Brown’s ... if you flipped the numbers. The Chargers’ tandem is ranked 23rd. The New York Giants made Nate Solder the second-highest paid tackle in the NFL Authentic Bobby Wagner Jersey , $15.5 million per season, and he is currently the worst pass-blocking left tackle of 2018. The only one overall who is worse is his tackle teammate Chad Wheeler at 54%.The Detroit Lions spent a first round pick on Taylor Decker and gave $47.5 million to Rick Wagner and are ranked 30th on this list.The Cincinnati Bengals traded for Cordy Glenn, taking on an $11 million cap charge in 2018 while moving down in the draft from 12 to 21, and they’re ranked 29th on this list.The New England Patriots gave a $32.5 million contract to their right tackle and he’s one of the worst rated in the league in this category.Here are some more tackle combos you may be surprised to learn are doing worse in pass blocking this season than Seattle’s tandem of Brown and Ifedi, who is at 83% in the metric: Jake Matthews and Ryan SchraederJason Peters and Lane JohnsonJoe Staley and Mike McGlincheyTyron Smith and La’El CollinsTerron Armstead and Ryan RamczykTrent Williams and Morgan MosesTaylor Lewan and Jack ConklinAlejandro Villanueva and Marcus GilbertEric Fisher and Mitchell SchwartzSeattle got to where they were at without a top-15 pick like Matthews, Johnson, McGlinchey, Smith, Williams, Lewan, Conklin, and Fisher. They basically traded a second round pick for Brown and used a late first on Ifedi. Brown didn’t need much coaching from Mike Solari, I’m sure, but Ifedi has now gotten two years of training from Tom Cable and less than a year from Solari, and he’s become one of the better pass blockers in the league for now. Perhaps the only comparable (or better) cheaply-acquired duos are Jordan Mills and Dion Dawkins of the Buffalo Bills, or Bryan Bulaga and Bakhtiari of the Green Bay Packers. Charles Leno Authentic Doug Baldwin Jersey , Jr and Bobby Massie of the Chicago Bears, plus Garrett Bolles and Jared Veldheer of the Denver Broncos, also deserve some credit in line with that.Still, no team can even come close to competing with what the LA Rams have. At present, left tackle Andrew Whitworth is playing like the best tackle in the NFL (93%), while right tackle Rob Havenstein ranks fourth in that category (90%). The rest of the Rams line is playing similarly well. Whitworth cost $33 million a year ago, but is a bargain because right now he’s only the 13th-best paid LT in the league, just a hair behind Brown and his new extension. Havenstein ranks third in pay for right tackles.Seattle will next eventually have to decide what to do with Ifedi, but he’s entering the fourth year of his rookie deal in 2019, then has a fifth-year option for 2020. At this point it seems inevitable that the Seahawks will pick it up, something that few thought feasible prior to this season. Or even prior to a month ago. Now instead Ifedi looks like a key building block for the offensive line, especially when it comes to protecting Russell Wilson. Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said Monday that disgruntled free safety Earl Thomas will face "consequences" for skipping a pair of practices last week, but he didn't detail what the punishment would be and said he sympathizes with Thomas' situation.Thomas recorded two interceptions in Sunday's win over Dallas, Seattle's first victory of the season. He now has three interceptions this season after missing all of training camp in a contract dispute. Thomas is in the final year of his contract and has repeatedly expressed his desire for the added security of a new deal.After the game, Thomas said he expected to get fined for missing the practices, but he stood by the decision Womens Earl Thomas III Jersey , saying he was trying to protect his long-term health."I need to make sure my body is 100 and I'm invested in myself," Thomas said Sunday. "If they was invested in me, I'd be out there practicing, but if I feel like anything — I don't give a damn if it's small, I got a headache — I'm not practicing. But I don't want that to get taken the wrong way. I know I'm going to get fined but that's just where I'm at with that."Carroll sounded like he was committed to working through the issues with Thomas. He said after the game there was no question about whether Thomas would be available to play. The Seahawks haven't been particularly open to the idea of a contract extension for Thomas, but Carroll said "everything is possible" when it comes to dealing with the situation."We're open to whatever we need to do to keep moving forward in a positive manner," Carroll said Monday. "I totally understand when guys are at the end of their contracts and they want to get another contract. We've been through that for years. It's nothing new and it's legit. It's legitimate as they're concerned about their future. I get it and we respect the heck out of it."It appears as though Thomas intends to continue to be a squeaky wheel in hopes of leveraging a new contract."I just want to be appreciated, that's it," Thomas said Sunday.Carroll was vague about what discipline Thomas would face for skipping practice."There's consequences," Carroll said. "Practice is really important."INJURY UPDATESCenter Justin Britt is expected to return to the lineup this week after serving in a reserve role Sunday because of a shoulder injury. Joey Hunt made his second career start in place of Britt against Dallas.Linebacker Mychal Kendricks' status for this week is uncertain, Carroll said. Kendricks is facing potential suspension from the league because of his guilty plea to insider trading charges. Kendricks was signed to help cover the absence of K.J. Wright, who has missed the first three games following knee surgery during the final week of the preseason. Carroll said wasn't sure if Wright would be able to return this week.Wide receiver Doug Baldwin is still questionable after injuring his knee in the team's preseason opener in Denver.